Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GIANT SPRANG Post

Wow, it's been FOREVA since I updated this blog. BOUT TIME!

I've been waaay bizzy. I'll just start by posting a bunch of junk that I've been up to recently and semi-recently. Here goes...

Caleb Goellner and myself put out TASK FORCE RAD SQUAD #2 last month! Due to Ryan Hill (colorist of TFRS #1) being amazing, he was busy coloring the fantastic JUDGE DREDD: MEGA CITY 2 miniseries, drawn by the homie Ulises Farinas, so yours truly did the color work this time around (& the pencils, inks, and letters). You can download the issue pay-what-you-want (along with #1 and the Cakestor mini-comic) HERE. Here's the cover and the first 5 pages:











Here's a crazy GIF I made for it:






On top of that I've done a buncha shows lately (River City Comic Expo, Planet Comicon, Emerald City Comicon, Wizard World St. Louis Comicon), so I've done some commissions and sketches. Here's a few of them...

TMNT/Ghostbusters Mash-Up:



And it colored (I may make prints of this):



MetalDredd, TMNT/Judge Dredd Mash-Up:



Rocket Raccoon Sketch Cover Cabled out:



TMNT Sketch Cover sketched:



TMNT Sketch Cover finished:



GREEN RAINger Power Ranger (Tommy):


Scooby-Doo/Ratfink Mash-Up ft. Spooky Space Kook:



For the Planet Comicon show here in KC the local paper, The Kansas City Star, ran an article about DMC's foray into comics (Darryl Makes Comics), my friend Kevin Mellon and his great comic Suicide Sisters (GET DAT), and myself about TFRS and self-publishing. Though oft-misquoted in the article ("I don’t have high standards..." LOL wtf who would ever say that?), it was a cool opportunity to get some local exposure :]. Read the whole article HERE.



I also drew a story for the anthology comic (AMAZING FOREST) that Ulises Farinas and Erick Freitas are writing/compiling for Monkeybrain Comics, called AGRO-MAN. It's soon to be released (in issue #4 me thinks?), so here's just a few pages from it:




 In addition to that, I compiled a bunch of Schlocktoberfest drawings that I did last October, as well as just some random sketches and stuff, into a sketchzine that I'm calling IZATSO. You can get these from me at shows I appear at as of now. In the future I may make them available for order online. Here's what it looks like, with a couple examples of what's inside:







Here's one of my tracks from my most recent beat release with The Outer Peoples, GEOMETRIC CONNECTIONS, put out by Urban Waves in Belgium last month:


Listen to the whole album HERE. Get the tapes online HERE. It's a digital and tape only release. Album illustration by my dude Osciel Ramos, w/ Dan Matic on the typography.  I should have copies of the tapes for sale at future shows I'm at (including comic shows) also. Here's what they'll look like:




Here's a list of the current comic/art shows I'm going to be at in the near(ish) future:

-C2E2 (Chicago, IL)
-Spectrum Fantastic Art Live (Kansas City, MO)
-River City Comic Expo (Little Rock, AR)

-Cincy Comicon (hopefully) (Cincinnati, OH)
-Rose City Comicon (Portland, OR)

If you want to try to set up some commishes to pick up during these shows, contact me at bustermoody[@]gmail . com (remove spaces & brackets) and we can talk about rates.

There's more stuff going on too, but I've run out of imaginary space! I'll leave you with this wonderful surprising thing that happened the other day to me:


So, that's kinda cool. Thnx Based God!

And thanks to YOU!

-Moody

No comments: